• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
"First Respondes for Freedom"?

They don't represent any Department or union.

No way of knowing if they are even on the job.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Right on, thanks. That wasn't coming up at all when I was searching.

It does put an interesting spin on the anti-vax = far-right loonie toon narrative.

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Stop giving the same level of care to unvaccinated and this nonsense will end.

I wonder if their insurance rates will increase?

Or, death benefits decrease?

Quirky

Reaction score
Healthcare professionals are not policy makers. I expect them to give everybody that comes through the door with the same level of care.

That's utter nonsense that needs to change in policy and politics, not in hospitals. Covid isn't doing a good enough job killing off the idiots who don't vaccinate.

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
You're shit out of luck if that's what you're waiting for. Most of the unvaccinated are (relatively) young and health and are going to survive their COVID and gain some immunity that way.

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
I expect them to give everybody that comes through the door with the same level of care.

I guess it's like in the Field.

They should wear helmets. Wear seatbelts. Don't speed.

But, they get Triaged same as those that do.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score

U.K. Abandons Vaccine Passports Plans, Health Minister Says​

The U.K. will abandon plans to call for proof of vaccination to enter certain venues, and may soon drop mandatory testing for returning travelers as part of a further easing of coronavirus restrictions to be announced this week, even as cases remain high.

Why is Congress exempt from the Biden COVID vaccine mandate?​

President Joe Biden says all federal employees will have to be vaccinated and weekly tests are not an option to get out of taking the shot. But one big group of people who get paid out of the federal treasury won’t have to get vaccinated: Congress.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
And you thought it would be the poliical divisions in the family that would ruin Thanksgiving :)

Tensions high between vaccinated and unvaccinated in Canada, poll suggests

A new poll suggests tensions over COVID-19 vaccines in Canada are high as frictions grow between those who are vaccinated against the virus and those who are not.

The Leger survey, conducted for the Association of Canadian Studies, found that more than three in four respondents hold negative views of those who are not immunized.

Association president Jack Jedwab says the relationships between vaccinated and unvaccinated Canadians are also viewed negatively by two out of three survey participants.

The online poll surveyed 1,549 Canadians between September 10 and 12.

A margin of error cannot be assigned to online polls, as they are not considered truly random samples of the population.

The survey found vaccinated people consider the unvaccinated as irresponsible and selfish, a view contested by those who are not immunized.

Some members of the latter group have been staging demonstrations outside hospitals and schools in recent weeks to protest vaccine passports and other public health measures.

"There's a high level of I would say antipathy or animosity toward people who are unvaccinated at this time," Jedwab said. "What you are seeing is the tension played out among family members and friends, co-workers, where there are relationships between people who are vaccinated and unvaccinated."

The situation creates friction and it is persistent, he added.

The survey results, he noted, also suggest the tensions between vaccinated and unvaccinated Canadians are on par with some of the other social, racial and cultural issues that divide the population.

"My sense is a lot of negative sentiment people feel towards certain groups is getting displaced by their feeling of antipathy toward those people who are unvaccinated," he said.

Jedwab said the survey also found divisions among people who are not immunized, with about one in four unvaccinated respondents holding negative views towards others with the same inoculation status.

The survey findings suggest that unvaccinated people personally justify their reasons for not being immunized, but will reject others' decision to follow the same course, said Jedwab.

An earlier association poll suggested unvaccinated Canadians are more worried about getting the vaccine than contracting COVID-19, and most Canadians would refuse to allow unvaccinated adults into their homes.

Jedwab said he expected tensions between the vaccinated and unvaccinated to ratchet up even higher as governments and employers continue to push for more people to get their shots.

Tensions high between vaccinated and unvaccinated in Canada, poll suggests

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
, and most Canadians would refuse to allow unvaccinated adults into their homes.
My best friend's house is a three minute walk from mine.

We worked together and have been friends for 40 years.

He is my age and refuses to be vaccinated.

It is heart-breaking.

QV

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
You're shit out of luck if that's what you're waiting for. Most of the unvaccinated are (relatively) young and health and are going to survive their COVID and gain some immunity that way.

The rate of survival for most people is slightly less than 100%.

QV

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
My best friend's house is a three minute walk from mine.

We worked together and have been friends for 40 years.

He is my age and refuses to be vaccinated.

It is heart-breaking.
It's a shame you'd let a personal medical decision make you feel that way about someone you knew for so long.

lenaitch

Reaction score
It's a shame you'd let a personal medical decision make you feel that way about someone you knew for so long.
Or, stated another way, it's a shame the friend made a personal medical decision that resulted in him being cut-off from his acquaintances.

Decisions have consequences.

We had an incident a few weeks ago at my father-in-law's 100th birthday celebration. The facility's policy was that everyone entering the property had to be fully vaccinated. One of the siblings brought along his 20-something unvaccinated (for reasons unstated) son. Much family angst ensued (thankfully, I'm an in-law and avoid such dramatics). Not only did the guest of honour have the array of vulnerabilities one would expect with a 100-year-old, there was a nursing mother, another in the late stages of a difficult pregnancy, and two others who were flying internationally the next day. Not only was the missus pissed as she 'signed off' on the rules of engagement, then she had to coordinate a contact tracing list for approximately 25 people for the hospital.

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Those filthy people. What will society eventually do with them?

In the course of events, it's not society that eventually does something. It's nature that will have its way with them; they will either evolve or die out. However, Mother Nature is too fucking slow.