• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

soldier888

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Could you please let me know where I can access practice CFAT exams? I intend to write the exam soon. Thank you very much, in advance.

S

stellarpanther

soldier888 said:
Hello everyone,

Could you please let me know where I can access practice CFAT exams? I intend to write the exam soon. Thank you very much, in advance.

By clicking on the link 2 posts up from yours.

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

About a year ago I took the CFAT, I did really well on it and I was able to select the trade I was looking for. However, I unfortunately was not able to get into RMC and I did not want to spend my time as a non-officer so I decided to go to a civillian university and get my degree there.

I'm currently finishing up my midterms for my first semester and I've had some extra time to think about my future after my undergrad and I thought about joining the military again. The first question that came to mind was if I had to do the CFAT again.

If anyone could answer this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

SirThisIsAWendys

sarahsmom

Reaction score
You only need to redo the CFAT if your score is not high enough for your desired trade.

HoLyLuKE

Reaction score
From someone with C average math 11 :poop: and a veritable degree of test anxiety.

I have been using these recently, free on the Edmonton public library website.
All you have to do is register (you can even reg without a email if you don't like giving it out)

My scheduled CFAT got canned due to covid restrictions in the area, I am taking it as a sign to study and pt more.

Practice tests

practical math ebook

I also downloaded the app "CFAT test trainer" it was 6 bucks and really helps with your spatial awareness, some of the vocabulary and problem solving questions are laughable at best though.

And don't forget that smarter people than I have proven that a certain level of anxiety going into a test can be a good thing (y)

"After the amygdala sends a distress signal, the hypothalamus activates the sympathetic nervous system by sending signals through the autonomic nerves to the adrenal glands. These glands respond by pumping the hormone epinephrine (also known as adrenaline) into the bloodstream. As epinephrine circulates through the body, it brings on a number of physiological changes. The heart beats faster than normal, pushing blood to the muscles, heart, and other vital organs. Pulse rate and blood pressure go up. The person undergoing these changes also starts to breathe more rapidly. Small airways in the lungs open wide. This way, the lungs can take in as much oxygen as possible with each breath. Extra oxygen is sent to the brain, increasing alertness. Sight, hearing, and other senses become sharper. Meanwhile, epinephrine triggers the release of blood sugar (glucose) and fats from temporary storage sites in the body. These nutrients flood into the bloodstream, supplying energy to all parts of the body."
https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/understanding-the-stress-response

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a small question.

I'm looking to get into infantry, I have my CFAT tomorrow and... Despite my weeks of studying, a lot of the questions I had to answer on the problem-solving portion of the test were just too hard for me (I have pretty bad Dyscalculia, I managed to get a derogation in maths before being done with high school.) However, I find myself having absolutely no issue with the vocabulary and spatial questions.

Do I have a shot at being an infantryman at all, or do they factor in how well you did in the problem-solving questions? Am I looking way too deep into this? :eek::eek::eek:

HoLyLuKE

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a small question.

I'm looking to get into infantry, I have my CFAT tomorrow and... Despite my weeks of studying, a lot of the questions I had to answer on the problem-solving portion of the test were just too hard for me (I have pretty bad Dyscalculia, I managed to get a derogation in maths before being done with high school.) However, I find myself having absolutely no issue with the vocabulary and spatial questions.

Do I have a shot at being an infantryman at all, or do they factor in how well you did in the problem-solving questions? Am I looking way too deep into this? :eek::eek::eek:
I saw someone on here saying that you only need a 20/60 overall to get infantry, so If you do good on the first two sections you should have a chance. Being a competitive percentile is another thing. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can back that up.

But seriously don't take my word for it, I know about as much as you do.... good luck on the test!

sarahsmom

Reaction score
I saw someone on here saying that you only need a 20/60 overall to get infantry, so If you do good on the first two sections you should have a chance. Being a competitive percentile is another thing. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can back that up.

But seriously don't take my word for it, I know about as much as you do.... good luck on the test!
You also need to be correctable to 20/20. Just FYI